Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Wires of plugs

`

The wires that connect a distributor, ignition coil, or magneto to each of the spark plugs in an internal combustion engine are known as high tension leads or spark plug wires. Plug wires are most often rated by their diameter. The most common are 7mm and 8mm thicknesses, but what's more important is the conductor. The best choice is the spiro-wrap style Taylor wires that reduce resistance, minimize RFI noise, and offer the best performance. Common signs of failing spark plug wires include a decrease in power, acceleration, and fuel efficiency. In addition, the engine light coming on or visible damange to the cables can be signs of a failing wire.

Quote from Firewheels on March 16, 2022, 7:25 am

`

Are the plug wires for a U42T are same as U42V? Their air filters were different so I wonder if the plugs are same which I had bought recently?

No need to worry! Plug wires of both U42T and U42V are same.

Why are we discussing wire plugs? Does it change the performance of the vehicle if we add higher rating wire plugs? Kindly do let me know?

Quote from Fastblast on March 17, 2022, 5:31 am

Why are we discussing wire plugs? Does it change the performance of the vehicle if we add higher rating wire plugs? Kindly do let me know?

Yes of course, new spark wire plugs helps to keep your engine at its peak performance and efficiency levels.

Quote from Loadrun on March 16, 2022, 6:18 pm

No need to worry! Plug wires of both U42T and U42V are same.

Yes, their air filters are totally different whereas you can use any of the plug wires.