Please or Register to create posts and topics.

What is "real-time 4X4"? I'm not familiar with that term

I actually have a 1997 Honda CR-V with "Real-Time four-wheel-drive" I actually have owned for 20 years.
What I actually have observed is once I sense the front wheels lose traction I sense the rear wheels engage.
Once the lack of traction of the front wheels ends the rear-wheel-power disengages. Normally it's miles the front-wheel power whilst there may be no traction lost.
Real-Time four-wheel drive. The CRV`s 4-wheel power machine is designed to excellent suit the bulk of using conditions that SUVs realistically encounter. The CRV's Real-Time four-wheel-drive machine sends electricity simplest to the rear wheels whilst there may be inadequate traction for the front-wheel-power machine.

Real Time 4WD system sends power to the front wheels most of the time but diverts it rearwards when it senses slithering at the front. This system is mechanical and controlled by hydraulic pumps positioned each side of the clutch.

The 4WD system automatically engages between the front and rear wheels. Large trucks and SUVs are great for towing and hauling heavy loads and usually come with 4WD. So eventually, buyers that need to tow heavy loads should consider 4WD.

Honda cars equipped with Real Time AWD normally power only the front tires. It only powers all four tires when necessary. Only the front tires are powered for driving under normal conditions, improving fuel economy.

In the Real-time 4x4 system the power is first applied to the front wheels when the tire loses traction then the power is diverted to the rear wheels. This is done to avoid tire digging inside the mud or spinning from the slippery surface. This system is very useful while driving in slippery terrain with loose sand.

4×4 truck is known as four-wheel drive (4WD) or 4-by-4, implies a system in which an automobile's engine powers all four wheels equally.