Please or Register to create posts and topics.

My 1992 Honda Acty won't start?

I'm new to the tiny truck scene and recently purchased a 1992 Honda Acty for a low price since it wouldn't start. The PO was responsible for replacing the carburetor, distributor cap, rotor, plugs, coil, and electronics module. It was good until the PO ran through a rain puddle, at which point it began to run rough and eventually shut down. need some help, to get on the road again.

thanks all.

Sometimes it must be as simple as a wire connection not done properly because compression seems to be good.

I would recommend you to check out any issues with spark. If spark is good, then check timing!

If your vehicle won't start, it's usually caused by a dying or dead battery, loose or corroded connection cables, a bad alternator or an issue with the starter. It can be hard to determine if you're dealing with a battery or an alternator problem. Check the electricals first before moving on to check on engine and mechanical issues.

Check your air filter. Sometimes, when you drive in mud and rain. Your air filter might get clogged by the mud and water and restrict the air inflow to the engine. This might stall and engine while turning it on or while running. Remove your air filter, replace it or clean it before you try again. Also, check your battery levels.

You will have to go into diagnostic mode with the fuel and spark issues.