Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Looking for the main Fuse?

My Hijet  is dead, and I believe I burnt the fusible link by grounding the batteries while working on the alternator. does anyone know where is the main fuse if another one is concealed somewhere?  I already found the  30 amp fuse beneath the drivers seat.

Look behind the dashboard on the driver's side.

The main fuse, also known as fusible link as mentioned in the handbook is under the driver's seat. If you look down at the front of the opening towards the cross-member, it's behind where your left heel would be if you kicked it back from the clutch.

Look up under the dash you will find a gray box cover and under this there will be a small fuse box.

The main fuse is 50A and red in color. For 4WD vehicles, lift up the driver's seat. You will see the 4WD control valves bolted under the front lip frame in front of the radiator. Remove the two size 10 bolts and move the unit towards the passenger side. The main fuse has a clip holding it to the front under the panel. Don't try to remove the fuse as is! Remove the clip and pull the unit back towards you.  It Looks like a tooth. 50A for non-AC and 60A for A/C. Warning, do not put in a lower-rated fuse as it will blow quickly!

Lift up the drivers seat and you will find the main fuse box.

In most of the trucks, fuseable links are taped inside a section of the harness and attached to the bottom side of the drivers seat and they are hinged by the bendable tabs that are wrapped around the harness.