Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Kei Truck (Daihatsu Hijet) Review

I have been using the Kei truck for the last 6 months and came from a Kei truck this thing is a blast daily. The biggest flaw is long drives on the highway but if you plan accordingly a Kei van of your choice can be a great daily driver.

I love my HiJet; I use it daily on my farm. Mine is pretty sketchy because no one wants to sell them here in the midwest, so it is a 7th-owner unit with a million off-road miles and most body parts lose, dented, or missing altogether picked up off Craigslist. But it beats the living crap out of a Rhino or Gator. Quieter, faster, heat, carries more, climbs hills better, better in mud, snow - you name it.

I miss my kei van, Daihatsu Hijet. Despite how it feels, they don’t tip because all of the weight is on the floor. I got it sideways on a dirt road once by accident and I swear it was going to roll, but everything was fine. It’s also pretty fun to drive at low speeds because you can fit through anywhere, turn on a dime, parking is never an issue, and you’re constantly shifting gears with a super marshmallow clutch.